Many Yorkshire employees think that they don’t have time to organise their offices, but it can actually take little time at all. From our experience, a fairly neat and orderly office space clears the way for higher productivity and reduces time wasted. But where do you even start? Luckily, our Yorkshire-based office furniture specialists are here to help, here’s our top five tips to organising your office space:
- De-clutter your space – It all starts with office furniture, specifically your office desk. A modern day office desk should be big enough for the work you do. That means it will need de-cluttering to ensure the space is available. Begin by de-cluttering. It’s too easy to put something down and it becomes a part of the furniture, take one area at a time and be ruthless. If you haven’t used it in months and can’t think of when you’ll actually need it, throw it away. Remove everything, clean it thoroughly and put back only those items you use daily. Position your equipment and office supplies that you use most often within reach and put items you barely use in suitable office storage items.
- Invest in a good labeller – Choose a label maker that’s easy to use and take the time to use it properly. This will allow you to remember where things go, allow you to help others who need the same organisational help and allow you to rearrange your office desk and surrounding work space neatly and efficiently.
- Revise your filing system – as a paperless office becomes more realistic, the need to store physical files becomes less of a necessity. However, if you’re storing files on your computer, make sure you are doing regular back-ups. Depending on your job and office storage available, you may only needs 2 key folders; a meeting folder for notes from the meeting with items to be discussed and an awaiting response folder.
- Storage boxes – Use inexpensive office storage boxes to archive old files and get them out of the way. But before you archive something make sure you really need them for reference or research, otherwise recycle them.
- Straighten your desk – After putting all the work in organising your space and buying office supplies, make sure you keep it tidy. So you have a clean start the next day, do a quick straighten of your office desk at the end of each day.
Yorkshire Office Group has extensive industry experience within the team. Proudly supplying office furniture, office supplies and office storage since 1998, we have established a proven track record in providing consistently excellent services and products to businesses in Yorkshire.
Our head office is based in Wakefield, with our team supplying office furniture and supplies to a range of businesses in the Leeds, Barnsley, Rotherham and surrounding Yorkshire area.
If you are based in Yorkshire and have any enquires regarding office furniture, office storage or office supplies please don’t hesitate to call us on 01924 88 88 00.